Re: Utility to install a perl module via apt with cpan fallback

Jeremiah:

I think the intent of this one isn't to create the perl .deb package;
it's simply to select the appropriate .deb package if it already
exists in the mirrors, and simply fall back (as in the subject) to
CPAN-style installation.

This is more for users than prospective developers.

But I think it perhaps warrants some work to make a machine that would
fetch CPAN modules and try to run dh-make-perl to construct .deb
packages from them. We could perhaps pick the top rated modules and
try to turn those into packages; for the ones that fail, it would flag
which ones might be more difficult to do.

Just some thinking out loud.

Cheers,

Jon