Re: Copyright issues

-=| Jeremiah Foster, Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:02:39PM +0100 |=-

> In one of the packages that I package recently gregoa mentioned that I
> missed a copyright attribution. I did this on the next package I worked
> on:
>
> find cover_db/ -type f -exec grep -iH copyright {} \;
>
> It produces more than one copyright attribution but that attribution is
> generated dynamically when the tests are run. Should I mention this in
> the copyright file or is it enough that it is in the header of the
> generated html file from the tests?

Hmm, what happens if you run the above find|grep before the test files
are generated? From what I understand, these files are needed only
during tests and are not shipped in the source or binary package,
therefore they are of no concern. Much more interesting (and required)
is the copyright of the actual non-generated sources.