Re: Author tests and IPC::System::Simple

G'day Niko,

Niko Tyni wrote:

>> If we're not using WCOREDUMP, then we face the disturbing possibility that
>> we're generating a core dump, and ($? & 128) is false when that occurs.
>
> This seems to be the case.

[snip]

> So it looks like a bug in Perl 5.10.0.

You are awesome.  I've sent a note to p5p to check if this is expected
behaviour (I certainly don't think it is), and where it can be reproduced.
I've given lots of credit to yourself and the rest of debian-perl for
finding the bug.

The post can be found at: