Re: Padre, CC-SA-2.5 and Debian

Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> writes:

> Allright. I wasn't suggesting inclusion of $whatever-icons in Padre :)
>
> I was trying to suggest some source of icons with a better licensing.
>
> And I still think it would be better if the icons are not shipped with
> Padre. I have no idea, however, for a way to have cross-platform[1]
> access to a set of icons.

As an upstream author, I'd say we strive to write cross-platform Perl
code. To achieve this, the simplest way is to ship the icons with the
Perl distribution.

To ease Debian and other packaging, upstream could set up the
distribution so it's easy to leave out the icons at Build.PL time and
refer to icons provided by the distribution. That will leave Debian
packager the burden of specifying:
- the icon location on Debian
- the actual package dependance

Well, that's what I would propose for Config::Model GUI which
currently ships Tango icons.

Is this workable from a Debian packager point of view ?

HTH

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

irc:
  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
  ddumont at irc.debian.org