Re: Adding Padre to Debian

-=| Gabor Szabo, Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:38:14PM +0200 |=-
> As part of the code of Padre was moved to Wx::Perl::Dialog,
> now it is a real requirement :-)

Alex and Jeremiah helpfuly prepared the missing build-dependencies.

Meanwhile Padre went to 0.19, which added a couple more, uploaded
today.

The only thing that is left is the requirement of File-HomeDir 0.82.
The Debian package is at 0.80, reported as
http://bugs.debian.org/507540

Gabor, looking at the changes between 0.80 and 0.82, the only one that
seems relevant is the local-ization of $@. Is it what imposes the 0.82
requirement?

Another thing left to do is sync debian/copyright with the new
release. There are more files added, even some Tango icons with some
CC license. Any ...uhm... takers? :)

> Please let me know what else can I do to speed up the inclusion
> of Padre in Debian?

Keeping us updated about new releases (incl. what changed) should
provide enough nagging :)

Also, fixing #72[1] would make it much more usable to me, raising the
motivation to work on its packaging :)

    [1] http://padre.perlide.org/ticket/72