Re: Padre, CC-SA-2.5 and Debian [was: Adding Padre to Debian]

-=| Gabor Szabo, Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:02:55PM +0200 |=-
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> From what I see, the tango icons are taken from the Tango project.
> >> From the tarball I downloaded from tango.freedesktop.org, the license
> >> is CC-SA-2.5.
> >
> > The tango icons are in the process of being released into the public domain:
>
> While this is good news, I'd be glad to receive suggestions for other
> set of icons.
> What does Debian in general use?

Whatever upstream uses. I find a huge set of icons in
/usr/share/icons, coming from different theme packages.

gnome-icon-theme is quite big and may have everything you need.
Available under GNU GPLv2 from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-icon-theme/

Is it possible to use an "external" set of icons, instead of embedding
some in Padre? Yes, that would mean adding one more (non-CPAN-fetchable)
dependency, but having stuff duplicated all over the place is worse,
IMHO.

Something like

    perl Makefile.PL --with-icons-path /usr/share/icons/gnome