Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> I think the user management on alioth is set up in such a way, that the
> current situation with regard to access permissions to SVN repository
> would be kept for the git repositories too. It happens transparently
> and we don't need to do anything when creating the Git repositories.

He, no, it's not the same directory so the supplementary permissions (ACL)
might have to be setup again but it's not a big deal.

> available repositories. That could of cource be addressed by grouping
> the repoitories by alioth project. That is, show only "pkg-perl/" in
> the main index, making it a link to the index of all pkg-perl/* git
> repositories.

I know there are other web front-end which are ligther but I haven't tried
them. It's a real problem however, as sgran already pointed out.

> My other concern is somehow opposite of Gunnar's: I worry about the
> project-wide changes, i.e. changes affecting all packages. These don't
> happen very often, but I personally find it useful to have all of the
> packages checked out. This is now achieved by checking out trunk/.
> running "svn up" in it from time to time brings in the newly added
> packages too. Perhaps this can be addressed by using mr. Anyone having
> experience with it?

I wonder what how git submodule are displayed in gitweb and if it might
constitute a solution.

Raphaël Hertzog