Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

Damyan Ivanov dijo [Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 09:03:27AM +0300]:
> (...)
> > This probably needs a bit more work by interested parties.
> > AFAIK there's an "apps" branch in the svn-repo and maybe also an
> > empty git repo somewhere on alioth but I think not more.
>
> I guess that's me. I did create the apps area in svn (I wouldn't call
> it a branch, as it has trunk/, branches/ and tags/ beneath it), but:
>
>  1) I find git superior in general, and particularly for apps, as the
>     application packages naturally won't be that similar as the module
> ones. So my first app-packaging attempts would be with git perhaps.
> There is /git/pkg-perl on alioth, ready to serve.

Humm... What has set me off git for our team's work is:

- It's easier to refer to a revision number than to its MD5 ;-) And we
  very often mention repository revision numbers in our usual
  communication

- I don't know if/how git can do partial checkouts. For a long time, I
  have just given up on having a whole checkout even of our
  trunk. I just check out the module in question and work on it.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23