Testing cpan2dist and the phalanx 100

Hello,

I have been doing some preparations for automated testing of
cpan2dist packages[0]. The first thing I wanted to do was to compare
version of the phalanx 100[1] packages from the automated repository at
debian.pkgs.cpan.org against what debian has in testing.

The phalanx 100 contains currently 144 CPAN modules[2]. Of those
144 modules, only seven are not available in debian testing. This is
a very small amount, less than 5 percent of the phalanx 100 is
not already packaged in debian.

Of those seven, I suspect that two of them are closed source and hence
may never be in debian. Two of them have similar packages to what the
phalanx 100 has, and three of them _may_ be in debian, but I cannot
find them.

Because of the naming conventions, or perhaps lack thereof, the
process of determining what is in debian is not easily
automated. Roughly 10 to 20 CPAN modules from the phalanx 100 have
names in debian that do not correspond to the naming convention of
libfoo-bar-perl.

Below is a list of those modules from CPAN not found in debian and my
attempt to determine why.

E: Unable to locate package libdbd-oracle-perl
   # Not open source?

E: Unable to locate package libapache-test-perl
   # Cannot find this in debian

E: Unable to locate package libdbd-db2-perl
   # Not open source?

E: Unable to locate package libexcel-template-perl
   # Cannot find this in debian

E: Unable to locate package libio-perl
   # no, but debian does have libio-all

E: Unable to locate package libmail-clamav-perl
   # no, but debian does have libclamav-client-perl

E: Unable to locate package libmath-pari-perl
   # Cannot find this in debian

Commentary welcome. :)

	   Jeremiah

0. http://jeremiahfoster.com:8080/phalanx100-debian.html