Re: Git for pkg-perl [was Re: Tools]

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> $ PKG=libalias-perl
> $ SVN=file:///svn/pkg-perl
> $ nice git-svn clone --trunk $SVN/trunk/$PKG \
>                      --branches $SVN/branches/upstream/$PKG \
>                      --tags $SVN/tags/$PKG \
>                      $SVN $PKG
> .. time passes ..
> $ cd $PKG

So it worked. :-)

> $ git branch
> * master
>
> $ git branch -a -v | cut -c -60
> * master           4ab40b5 mass-change: rmdir /usr/{lib,shar
>   2.32             6960bcd repo reorganisation
>   2.32@323         494d792 [svn-inject] Installing original
>   2.32@6013        7abb0de [svn-inject] Tagging upstream sou
>   current          618e6ad repo reorganisation
>   current@6013     494d792 [svn-inject] Installing original
>   tags/2.32-7      621c24d repo reorganisation
>   tags/2.32-7@324  494d792 [svn-inject] Installing original
>   tags/2.32-7@328  5e7d4e6 deleted strange file :-)
>   tags/2.32-7@6013 2902cb7 [svn-buildpackage] Tagging libali
>   trunk            4ab40b5 mass-change: rmdir /usr/{lib,shar
>   trunk@324        494d792 [svn-inject] Installing original
>   trunk@6013       15708e9 updated watch file
>
> Hmm, no tags, only a lot of branches

Yes, for some reason git-svn creates tags as branches. You can use a
script to convert them to real tags. (I stole this script from an old
planet.d.o port IIRC):

git branch -r | sed -rne 's, *tags/([^@]+)$,\1,p' | while read tag; do
 git tag $tag tags/${tag}^; git branch -r -d tags/$tag
done

I believe that if you clone the repo it will get rid of the strange "@FOO"
branches that git-svn also introduces. I guess that these branches represent
that fact that there are actually two versions of a tree, since the tree
was moved from one place to another -- but both versions are identical unless
we messed up the tree in the move somehow.

--
see shy jo