Tools

Hi Joey,

I just read your blog post about "problems with tools" [0], and I'd
like to ask two questions:

1) You list tools you don't like and that are required by some teams
   and then state: ".. even teams like the perl team are getting sticky to
   be on." Could you explain what bothers you in the pkg-perl team,
   so that we can maybe "fix it" together?

2) You say that you "dislike quilt encrufting Debian source
   packages"; may I ask why and what method you prefer to patch
   upstream code? Is it the .git.tar.gz concept or something else?

Cheers,
gregor, always curious and looking forward to getting new ideas

[0] http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/a_problem_with_tools/
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: The Mamas & The Papas: Dedicated To The One I Love