Re: mime-tools problems

-=| Martín Ferrari, Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:40:29AM -0200 |=-
> I modified debian/copyright to try to document all the problems. This
> won't surely be accepted if it had to go thru NEW nowadays, but it has
> been in the archive since the dawn of time... Please, if anybody can,
> take a look at it, and if you think it's OK, it's ready for upload.

I think you've done a great job at this. Here's the content of
debian/copyright. Please say if you think this is not to be in debian.

| Upstream authors (taken from Changelog, plus copyright notices):
|   Eryq <eryq@zeegee.com>
|   David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>
|   Dave O'Neill <dmo@roaringpenguin.com>
|   Julian Field <mailscanner@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
|
| Files: *
| Copyright: © 2004 by Roaring Penguin Software Inc (www.roaringpenguin.com)
|            © 1998, 1999 by ZeeGee Software Inc (www.zeegee.com).
|            © 1996 by Eryq.  All rights reserved.
| License: Artistic | GPL-1+, Other
|  All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can
|  redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.
|  See the COPYING file in the distribution for details.
|  .
|  It is supossed that some files that lack a proper copyright notice
|  and/or license statement are works of the same authors and licensed
|  under the same term.
|  .
|  The files without any author, copyright or license statement are:
|  t/Globby.pm
|  lib/MIME/Field/ParamVal.pm
|  lib/MIME/Parser/Reader.pm
|  .
|  These files have author but not copyright nor license:
|  lib/MIME/Field/ContType.pm
|  lib/MIME/Field/ConTraEnc.pm
|  lib/MIME/Field/ContDisp.pm
|  lib/MIME/WordDecoder.pm
|  .
|  Also, there's lib/MIME/Decoder/UU.pm:
|  "UU-decoding code lifted from "uuexplode", a Perl script by an
|  unknown author..." and that script can not even be found in the net.
|
| Files: debian/*
| Copyright: © 2006-2008 Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
|            © 2006 Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@debian.org>
|            © 2006 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
|            © 2006-2004 Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
|            © 1999-2004 Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
|            © 1999 Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr>
|            © 1997, 1998 Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
| License: other
|   This package has been through multiple maintainers, and it is
|   supposed that all of them had chosen a license compatible with
|   upstream's license.
|
| Perl is distributed under either the Artistic licence or the GPL.  The
| full text of the GPL is available on Debian systems in
| /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.  The full text of the Artistic Licence
| is available on Debian systems in /usr/share/common-licenses/Artistic.

My opinion is that it would be better if all uncertainities vanish
(Tincho, can you file a bug in upstream's RT?), but there is nothing
that makes me believe that there are problems with the above and DFSG.

Any idea how to pass this through ftp-masters once again?