Was: using dh-make-perl with Module::Install Now: Gunnar's talk

On Sep 4, 2007, at 10:15 PM, Steffen Mueller wrote:

P.S.: Gunnar, I really liked your article on perl modules in debian. Coming from the perl-side of things, it was very helpful. Thank you for writing it! Too bad I couldn't come to YAPC.

Yeah, it was a good talk. It was the best moment of the entire conference being there at the debian lecture. Especially sitting there with a debian/rules t-shirt. ;) And the energy after the talk was electric.

People seemed really excited about the opportunity to have a direct way to get modules from CPAN into debian. I think this is a great opportunity for debian to be the distribution with the best perl support, especially if we can get some of those perl people motivated about how easy it is to get their modules into debian and the kind of quality debian has when it comes to packaging.

	Jeremiah