Was: using dh-make-perl with Module::Install Now: Packaging CPANPLUS

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:13 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
Steffen Mueller dijo [Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 05:35:20PM +0200]:
CPANPLUS will absolutely be in 5.10. Rafael, the pumpking, has announced a feature freeze. He is committed to make a release happen in September.

Of course, I expect introducing a new major version will not be
hassle-free - so maybe the best way out is to start working on getting
CPANPLUS rolling as an independent package, which can later disappear.

In speaking with Jos, I put the same question to him. He thought that having CPANPLUS in debian would be good because it will take while for perl 5.10 to stabilize. This means there is a lag from 5.10 to lenny/sid and a lag from lenny/sid to either lenny or etch, or whatever is stable. So he thought it might be good to package CPANPLUS, and as Gunnar says, we can just remove it once, or when, it becomes a permanent feature of the standard perl distribution.

	Jeremiah