Re: using dh-make-perl with Module::Install (and getting dependencies)

Hi Jeremiah,

Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Krzysztof Krzyżaniak wrote:
>
>>> that CPANPLUS::Dist::Deb can do this but I noted that the hook for
>>> CPANPLUS is disabled in dh-make-perl - is there a reason for this?
>>
>> Probably because CPANPLUS is not packaged in Debian.
>
> My understanding (from zamolxes) is that CPANPLUS will be included with
> the core distribution of perl 5.10. I also understand that 5.10 may be
> released in September. Is it worth it to package CPANPLUS? Or do people
> think it should wait? I personally would like to package it.

Your understanding is correct.

CPANPLUS will absolutely be in 5.10. Rafael, the pumpking, has announced
a feature freeze. He is committed to make a release happen in September.

IMHO, the question is: When will 5.10 be the default perl installation
on debian? If it's not going into testing reasonably quickly, then
packaging CPANPLUS separately might be a good choice.

Best regards,
Steffen