Re: using dh-make-perl with Module::Install (and getting dependencies)

Steffen Mueller dijo [Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 05:35:20PM +0200]:
> Your understanding is correct.
>
> CPANPLUS will absolutely be in 5.10. Rafael, the pumpking, has announced
> a feature freeze. He is committed to make a release happen in September.
>
> IMHO, the question is: When will 5.10 be the default perl installation
> on debian? If it's not going into testing reasonably quickly, then
> packaging CPANPLUS separately might be a good choice.

As always, what does "in Debian" mean?

In Debian Stable (i.e. 4.0, Etch) it won't ever go in - but don't
worry, neither will CPANPLUS.

In our development branches (unstable, testing), it will probably
enter shortly after its release - How long? Depends on its
complexity. Perl is maintained by Brendan O'Dea, not by our group, so
I don't want to put any words in his mouth.

Of course, I expect introducing a new major version will not be
hassle-free - so maybe the best way out is to start working on getting
CPANPLUS rolling as an independent package, which can later disappear.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23