Re: Pending uploads

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:48:53 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

(dh-make-perl)

> I've added this:
> +
> +       my $year = (localtime)[5]+1900;
> +       $fh->print("
> +
> +The Debian packaging is (C) $year, $maintainer and
> +is licensed under the same terms as the software itself (see above).
> +");
> +

Ok, thanks.

> > I opened debian/copyright for libemail-localdelivery-perl
> > and saw that it was originally packaged by Niko.
> > What should I put in debian/copyright?
> > (And the general question for group maintained packages is who should
> > be mentioned there - the "first packager"? the Group? everyone who is
> > in Uploaders?)
> I think everyone who touches the "software" has copyright over the
> changes made so listing everyone from Uploaders, including the years,
> seems to make sense.

Hm, adding everyone seems a bit tedious, and I don't see a real
reason for some small change (what about my mass-commit of
X-Vcs-Browser fields from yesterday?); and what in the case of e.g.
libemail-localdelivery-perl where Niko has added no packaging
copyright stanza in the initial package and I just upgrade it?

I think if we need a "rule" then it must be a simple one, like
"Copyright $year The Debian Perl Group" or "Copyright $year
$Uploaders" (what about an svn post-commit hook? *g*).

> > Ok, and then there was libnet-amazon-perl:
> Uploaded. Thanks!

Thanks to you!

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Cat Stevens: I've Found A Love