Re: Pending uploads

-=| gregor herrmann,  1.08.2007 13:24 |=-
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:52:28 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>
>>> libemail-localdelivery-perl
>> debian/copyright misses copyright for the packaging. Perhaps even
>> mention DPG there?
>
> AFAIK there are a lot of packages without this notice. Is this
> necessary nowadays? If not: I'm no a great fan of it because I don't
> think that the "craft" of packaging something is worth to be
> protected by copyright (or it's not even possible; Austrian law e.g.
> demands a "Schöpfungshöhe" / "Threshold of Originality" and I don't
> think that this demand is fulfilled by using dh-make-perl and dh_*)
> [0]

One of the DAMs recommends including this anyway. See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

I really do think that packaging is a creative act so copyright law is
applicable. I doubt there are many packages that are simply result of
dh-make-perl.

I'll try to add the stanza to dh-make-perl.

> Anyway, I have no objections to adding such a stanza either ;-)
Please do then. I know all this "legal" stuff is extremely boring.

>> that patch looks intrusive and I don't see it reported upstream. Seems
>> strange.
>
> Niko?

I can live with this patch, but if it is useful and needed, better have
it applied upstream too.