Re: pkg-perl TODO: SVN, archive, upstream, etc versions

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:39:25PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > Yup. There is a glitch when several versions are available through
> > module list. Do you happen to know how to properly compare versions from
> > within perl (without resorting to dpkg --compare-versions)
>
> There is a perl implementation in debbugs (available in the bzr). I already copied
> that in dpkg's SVN and hope to fix it up to make it available as a
> re-usable perl module. But it isn't completly there yet.

It's actually a reusable perl module now; there's no dependency on
debbugs within it.

The alternative is to use AptPkg::Version::compare (which is what
debbugs can use when it's available.)

Don Armstrong

--
"I was thinking seven figures," he said, "but I would have taken a
hundred grand. I'm not a greedy person." [All for a moldy bottle of