Re: pkg-perl TODO: SVN, archive, upstream, etc versions

-=| gregor herrmann, 20.07.2007 00:39 |=-

>>> Hm, the page above lists
>>> Stat        MJD       Stat-lsMode-0.50.tar.gz               4k  20 Apr 1998
>> You're right. My mistake.
>> Still, the scripts does not see "cpan" anywhere in the watch line and
>> thus does not attempt CPAN search (consequently falling to the ex-bug
>> with non-CPAN packages)
>
> Alright, so there's still room for improvements :-)
>
>>> ... and thanks for the legend, too!
>> I am considering a separate colour for "SVN newer than upstream". That
>> would be easier with the all-perl variant, though :)
>
> Just do it :-)

Partly done. See versioncheck.pl and Common.pl.

What is still missing is falling back to uscan when CPAN search gives no
results. For this reason the list of to-do packages it gives is over 90.
The good news is that CPAN/Sources.gs/NEW/incoming searches are
lightning-fast. There's even --debug :)