Re: ITP: libpushmi-perl

-=| bremner@unb.ca, Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:00:32 -0300 |=-
> 0) About the name, the main thing in this package is actually a script
> pushmi. Should the package name really start with lib?  svk for
> example does not.

libfoo-bar-perl is for package, mainly containing the Foo::Bar perl
module.

pushmi looks like a reasonable package name to me.

> 1) Is there a canonical validator I should run the package
> through? Both lintian and linda complain about a missing man page, but
> man pushmi works fine.

You better find out why lintian and linda complain.

Automatic validators can't check every aspect of the package. You
should do your best to follow the policy.

There is no reason to avoid debian-mentors mailing list for such a
package. debian-perl is about packaging perl modules.