ITP: libpushmi-perl

Hi Perl Team;

Sorry I lacked the appropriate reportbug-fu to cc this list.  You can
find the report at

The short version is

* Package name    : libpushmi-perl
  Version         : 0.994.0
  Upstream Author : bradfitz <brad@danga.com>
* URL             : http://code.bestpractical.com/project/Pushmi
* License         : Apache 2.0
  Programming Lang: Perl
  Description     : Subversion repository replication tool

I'm a complete newbie at debian packaging, so I have some questions.

0) About the name, the main thing in this package is actually a script
pushmi. Should the package name really start with lib?  svk for
example does not.

1) Is there a canonical validator I should run the package
through? Both lintian and linda complain about a missing man page, but
man pushmi works fine.

2) Assuming it passes whatever automatic validation is possible,
   how do I proceed? Should I upload to mentors.debian.org, post a
   request for sponsors here?

David