Re: Including dh-make-perl as part of the group's packages?

Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> * Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org) :
> > I will be mostly tied up with my RL job until February, when Etch is
> > (hopefully) out. There are some seemingly quite simple bugs and
> > features ready to be squished in it, but I prefer to take a good look
> > before doing that - And I love to have Etch's dh-make-perl in a better
> > shape than what it is today. Hence the offer/request.
>
> I think it's a very good idea to put dh-make-perl in the team's
> hands. I also agree on the fact it could be better to put dh-make-perl's
> sources in a different place than the lib- stuff.
>
> Why not renaming `pkg-perl/packages' to `pkg-perl/lib-packages' and
> using `pkg-perl/packages' for the non-lib stuff?

I don't think that's a good idea.  After all, AFAIK the Perl group also
maintains a few packages that are not libraries but Perl apps.  Separating
libs and apps just for the sake of it doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.  If
you want to separate dh-make-perl from the "regular" packages, then better
put it into a "tools" dir or something.