Re: Strange behaviour while building the libcvs-perl package

Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net> writes:

>> README.Debian? Leave that file alone for more important matters ;-)
>>
> What about README.Debian? Should I also remove it completely or just
> leave it blank? -- I don't understand what you mean with "leave that
> file alone".

Remove it. You should add it only when you really have interesting
information to place there.

>> You have a libcvs-perl.substvars file which reads:
>>
>>     perl:Depends=perl (>= 5.6.0-16)
>>
>> But you are depening on perl >= 5.8.0-7 in debian-control - And
>> anyway, the oldest version of Perl in the _stable_ release is
>> 5.8.4 (in Sid, 5.8.7)...
>>
> I'll fix this, too.
>
>> You are not closing an ITP bug with this new upload - Why?

Is a good habit. This avoid the possibility to have two people working
at time time on same package and also leave the door open of
discussion about the inclusion of package on Debian.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116