Strange behaviour while building the libcvs-perl package

Hello `Debian-Perl folks`,

Recently I've packaged a new Debian package called libcvs-perl[1], it is
available, as source package, on MDN (mentors.debian.net)[2].

The package builds fine on my Debian testing system but returns some
problems on pure and chrooted (pbuilder) sid systems.

The problem regards the Perl make test process which fails on the so
called "t/90release" test -- The strange thing is that this test fails
_only_ during the first building process of the package, if I rebuild
the package without cleaning the source tree the test passes
successfully and the package builds completely.

If someone would be interested in helping me with the investigation task
feel free to download the libcvs-perl source package from MDN via "%
apt-get source libcvs-perl" by adding this[3] line to your sources.list.

Any suggestions regarding this problem are welcome and as soon as this
problem will be fixed the package will be uploaded to Debian.

Thanks in advance for your interest and support.
Best regards,

 I.

P.S. I'm currently off-list so please Cc: me on each reply, thanks.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~rsoliv/Cvs-0.07/
[2] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libcvs-perl/
[3] deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib
non-free

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors