Re: Volunteering, introducing myself

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

>> The procedure to add a new package as a Group member:
>>  * Basically the usual procedure: File an ITP
>>  * Upload the package to svn and bring it in shape
>>  * Unless a DD, ask on the mailinglist for someone to sponser it
>>  * Repeat last point until it shows effect :-)
>>  * Someone pulls the sources, adds himself to Uploaders:, builds the
>>    package and tags the release.

>> Same applies to making a new release, besides the first point of course.

> Okay, sounds good.  It looks like libnumber-format-perl was already
> packaged by someone else while I was getting set up to package things,
> so I'll start with libauthen-krb5-perl.

I've filed the ITP and have the package ready for svn-inject, but
svn.debian.org doesn't like my password.  I assume that the account is my
Alioth ID (rra-guest) and the password is the same as the Alioth password,
but that doesn't appear to work; after entering that password, it just
prompts me for a password again (which from ssh usually means an incorrect
password).  After three tries, it switches prompts to one that asks for
rra-guest@svn.debian.org's password and tells me permission denied after
each password try, but no additional luck.

Similarly, I've added my ssh public key from id_dsa.pub to the form at
<https://alioth.debian.org/account/editsshkeys.php>, but svn.debian.org
isn't accepting public key authentication for the rra-guest account.

I'm not quite sure what the next debugging step should be.  Any assistance
would be appreciated; I'm probably missing something obvious.

BTW, the package is available from:

  deb-src http://archives.eyrie.org/debian unstable main

as libauthen-krb5-perl.