Re: libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:36:00PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

 >  >  libdbd-sqlite3-perl might or might not stall at ftp-master, so the
 >  >  plan is to upload that first and wait until it makes its way to the
 >  >  archive.
 >
 >  I have just uploaded this one package.  Once it makes its way to the
 >  archive I'll proceed with the rest.  I don't expect that to happen
 >  soon.

 libdbd-sqlite3-perl is now in the archive and has been added to
 unstable.

 I have just uploaded the two remaining packages, libdbd-sqlite2-perl
 and libdbd-sqlite-perl.

 To sum up:

     libdbd-sqlite-perl    1:0.33-2   DBD::SQLite    SQLite 2
     libdbd-sqlite2-perl   2:0.33-3   DBD::SQLite2   SQLite 2
     libdbd-sqlite3-perl   1.08-1     DBD::SQLite    SQLite 3

 libdbd-sqlite2-perl and libdbd-sqlite3-perl can be installed at the
 same time.

 libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite3-perl can *not* be installed at
 the same time.

 The current packages that depend on libdbd-sqlite-perl are:

    Package: beancounter
    Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>

    Package: libdbix-searchbuilder-perl
    Maintainer: Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org>

    Package: lire
    Maintainer: Wolfgang Sourdeau <was@debian.org>

    Package: popfile
    Maintainer: Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>

    Package: request-tracker3
    Maintainer: Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org>

 We need to move these to libdbd-sqlite2-perl ASAP.  Please note that
 this means your packages needs to use "DBD::SQLite2" instead of
 "DBD::SQLite".

 Eventually I'll file an RC bug requesting the removal of
 libdbd-sqlite-perl from testing, rendering these packages
 non-installable unless they have migrated.

--
Marcelo