Re: libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite2-perl

On 3 April 2005 at 08:15, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
| On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:36:00PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
|
|  >  >  libdbd-sqlite3-perl might or might not stall at ftp-master, so the
|  >  >  plan is to upload that first and wait until it makes its way to the
|  >  >  archive.
|  >
|  >  I have just uploaded this one package.  Once it makes its way to the
|  >  archive I'll proceed with the rest.  I don't expect that to happen
|  >  soon.
|
|  libdbd-sqlite3-perl is now in the archive and has been added to
|  unstable.
|
|  I have just uploaded the two remaining packages, libdbd-sqlite2-perl
|  and libdbd-sqlite-perl.
|
|  To sum up:
|
|      libdbd-sqlite-perl    1:0.33-2   DBD::SQLite    SQLite 2
|      libdbd-sqlite2-perl   2:0.33-3   DBD::SQLite2   SQLite 2
|      libdbd-sqlite3-perl   1.08-1     DBD::SQLite    SQLite 3
|
|  libdbd-sqlite2-perl and libdbd-sqlite3-perl can be installed at the
|  same time.
|
|  libdbd-sqlite-perl and libdbd-sqlite3-perl can *not* be installed at
|  the same time.
|
|  The current packages that depend on libdbd-sqlite-perl are:
|
|     Package: beancounter
|     Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>

But note that a) the Depends for BeanCounter is an optional one:
   libdbd-pg-perl | libdbd-mysql-perl | libdbd-odbc-perl | libdbd-sqlite-perl
and b) BeanCounter can probably work with SQLite 3 as well.  I have yet to
test that, though.  Is there a summary page of what needs to do to migrate
from 2 to 3?

|     Package: libdbix-searchbuilder-perl
|     Maintainer: Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org>
|
|     Package: lire
|     Maintainer: Wolfgang Sourdeau <was@debian.org>
|
|     Package: popfile
|     Maintainer: Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>
|
|     Package: request-tracker3
|     Maintainer: Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org>
|
|  We need to move these to libdbd-sqlite2-perl ASAP.  Please note that
|  this means your packages needs to use "DBD::SQLite2" instead of
|  "DBD::SQLite".

That is really yucky. I am upstream of BeanCounter too, and I'd hate to split
it this way.

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers