Re: Joining Debian Perl Group @ alioth.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:04:19 +0200, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> [...]
>
> > I see that we've some documentation at pkg-perl.alioth.d.o about
> > goals, policy and svn itself but the process to a NM or a DD join the
> > group, import their packages to svn repository isn't detailed
> > there.I'm planning to describe my experience on a document to be added
> > in the page (if possible) too.I hope that it helps lazy perl module
> > maintainers to join and start contributing to all pkg-perl packages.
> That would be great, of course. I think you spoted already the
> information on our website being editable through svn, to which you'll
> have access now (I'll add you to the project right away). Go ahead and
> edit as you wish, and maybe post a summery of chages and additions to
> this list.

Yeah, i'll start the work this weekend.

> Also, I'm always interesting in knowing the Group, so if you don't mind,
> a short introduction (Age, where you live, what you do in and out of
> debian) would be appreciated. Of course, if you don't want to, that is
> ok.

No problem, i'm Gustavo Franco, 20 years old, i live at Rio de Janeiro
- Brazil.I'm working as a network analyst on a big brazilian
non-profit organization dedicated on strengthening civil society
organizations and social movements.We've a ISP and we're involved in
many tech projects (telecenters for example).

I'm using and preparing Debian packages since 2001, i was approved by
my AM, but i'm still waiting for the accounts to upload the packages
myself.In the meantime i squash some RC bugs, send some patches to
kerneljanitors, only one to mailman and i'm preparing the first beta
for pam-telecenter that is being hosted at sf.That's it.

--
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@acm.org>