Lintian warnings for manpage-section-mismatch in perl packages

(Please cc me in replies. Thanks)

I am curious as if there is any consensus as how to handle the
manpage-section-mismatch warnings inside of lintian.  Because of perl
policy creating .3pm packages for .3 manpages, the warning is thrown (it
checks the .TH header inside of the roff macro)

There are a few options, and I wanted to get some opinions before I go
filing bugs.

a) File overrides with every perl package. This might be an option, but
it seems awful tedious. This warning shows with two of my packages, I
assume every one other of them, or as a consequence of how I'm packaging
them (libcarp-assert-perl now throws this warning where previously it
did not)

b) Create a special-case within lintian so that 3pm/3perl is the same
thing as 3

c) Fix podfile generation inside of ExtUtils::MM_Any:

374a375
>       my $sectionname = $self->{"MAN${section}EXT"};
376c377
<       \$(NOECHO) \$(POD2MAN) --section=$section --perm_rw=\$(PERM_RW)
---
>       \$(NOECHO) \$(POD2MAN) --section=$sectionname
--perm_rw=\$(PERM_RW)

That seems to work for me, but I have no idea of what the other
consequences of this trivial fix would be.

Any suggestions would be helpful before I officially mention something
to the lintian-maint crew or file a bug.

		--jay