Re: libperl6-export-perl uploaded - Strange little question

> I just uploaded the libperl6-export-perl package - As always, it is a
> new package, so it might take some days to get in the archive.

Sweet!

> There is only one question I had here: The package as it was generated
> a Perl6::Export.3pm.gz man file (instead of Perl6::Export.3.gz). I
> took a simple look at ExtUtils::MakeMaker and modified debian/rules so
> it calls Makefile.PL with 'MAN3EXT=3'. It solved the problem, although
> I now get this warning when building:
>
> 'MAN3EXT' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.

> First question: I maintain many Perl modules, and I don't recall they
> ever built with 3pm manual pages (although I have been 11 hours
> straight looking at this monitor, some parts of my brain might hve
> already shut down). What makes this module create them?

Mmm, curious, my modules do. I've always found this weird.

Since it is a variable that is set in Makefile, perhaps you should call
make with MAN3EXT=3? I'm not sure if it will work, since the variable is
"reset" in the Makefile on line 69, as you've probable seen.

Testing... Seems to work. No warings.

I have this fixed locally, I can commit this to CVS if you want.

Regards,

Allard Hoeve