Re: Automatic generation of Debian-Packages

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Leon Brocard wrote:
> I don't think it really makes sense for Debian to start packaging up
> every CPAN module.

I concur. There are quite a few largely useless modules in CPAN that
no one (or almost no one) uses.

> However, I reckon that Perl people (oh no, that includes me) should
> be doing it.

Definetly. If you use the module, and it isn't in Debian, you should
probably consider packaging it. [As far as end users, if it isn't in
Debian, perhaps there is another module which does the same thing
slightly better.]

Don Armstrong

--
"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
whether submarines can swim."

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu