Re: State of the Art wrt XML/XSL.

Michael Koehne wrote:
>   debconf is a very bad example indeed ;-( Its on of 4 bad examples !
>
>   I call the following packages badly broken :
>
>       debconf	- because of Debian::DebConf

>   Those 4 modules are standing in a the way of a Debian/CPAN integration.

There is no module by that name. Kindly check your facts before you
flame.

>   So my hole problem is still : Critical Debian Perl Modules !IGNORE CPAN!
>   making it impossible to do any actual XML work with Debian's /usr/bin/perl.

This is untrue. Read everything i have posted to this thread (twice,
maybe?) and come back. I gave at least two possible ways you could do
this.

>   I dont know, but my Debian has a Debian::DebCon tree containing 74
>   modules. Those 74 modules and the others in /usr/lib/perl5/{Debian,Dpkg}
>   should be coded in a Perl way, and uploaded to CPAN.

Kindly stop dicating to me, the author of the software in question, what
I should do with it. I choose not to upload to CPAN because it is debian
specific.

>   If I want to !use! some Perl module, I query 'perldoc'. If I want to !use!
>   some GNU stuff, I query 'info'. I only unpack the source by hand, if I want
>   to !hack! on some things. So modules in the 4 mentioned packages are, not
>   only the reason why Debian Perl is allways some versions behind, but they
>   are effective 'useless' as there is no perldoc, of how to use them.

The modules in question are *internal modules for the use of a single
program*, you utter udiot. Goodbye, I never killfile people, but you
have just become the exception.

<plonk>

--
see shy jo