Re: State of the Art wrt XML/XSL.

Moin Fabien Ninoles,

> I doesn't understand much... Did ActiveState MakeMaker download a compiler
> too or simply download the already compiled binaries from their sites.

  have you ever seen a windows user who is using a C compiler ?

  So ActiveState 'precompiles' the Perl Modules. Their step of making
  a ActiveState PPM is :

    perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && make ppd && make ppm

  To translate this to Debian :

    perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && make ppd && make deb

  should produce a libfoobaa-perl-*.deb with the right dependencies.

  'make ppd' does work on a Unix system also. Take a look at it.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.2.14'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM