Re: [pimlott@idiomtech.com: perl package sections]

Hi,
>>"Chris" == Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

 Chris> Also, in response to the original point, if I'm looking for a
 Chris> mail tool of some sort, and I happen to notice that there's a
 Chris> perl library for mail, I might well consider using that to
 Chris> whip something together to meet my needs.

        Spoken like a true developer ;-). However, the majority of the
 users would be just looking for programs, and presence of libraries
 may be mere clutter ...

 Chris> Whereas if the perl mail libraries are off in libs or
 Chris> interpreters, I may never notice them, and end up either using
 Chris> an existing-but-inadequate tool or giving up entirely.

        The flip side of this is that mostly, when one goes looking
 for a package in a section like mail, one is looking for a solution
 to a problem  (ie progr5ams, and not libraries). When one is
 developing, one looks into libs or devel or, interpreters, etc.

        I don't have strong views about this, and anyway, most of this
 is personal preference.

        manoj
--
 Quote from the Boss after overriding the decision of a task force he
 created to find a solution: "I'm sorry if I ever gave you the