Re: [pimlott@idiomtech.com: perl package sections]

Hi,
>>"Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:

 Raphael> I don't know what to think about it. I'm not much in favor
 Raphael> of it because it seems obvious that a perl module which is
 Raphael> about treating email could be in section mail. The other way
 Raphael> of thinking is it's a perl module so it's useful with the
 Raphael> perl interpreter, it must be in section interpreter is quite
 Raphael> logical too.

        Well, if it is not a standalone package (ala mailagent), but a
 module to be used in other code. we can create the convention that it
 would be in interpreters.

        When I look in mail, I am looking for programs which deal with
 mail, not libraries, I think. It would be nice to have a convention
 for Perl script authors that all Debian modulkes are in interpreters
 (similar to going to CPAN as a one stop location for perl stuff
 elsewhere).

        For packages that have both an executable anda module, let the
  maintainer decide ;-)

        manoj
--
 Do not count your chickens before they are hatched. Aesop