Re: Perl policy / dh_perlcheck

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> In order to simplify the detection of the perl dependency I've written
> a dh_perlcheck perl script that will be included in debhelper.

It will? I've tended to keep testing stuff like this out of debhelper.
Lintian seems like the proper place, and doesn't it check perl dependancies
anyway?

Everything Debhelper does is policy conformant (ideally), so putting this
type of checker in to it seems silly. Also, you make it not usable by anyone
who doesn't use debhelper, limiting your audience.

--
see shy jo, author of debhelper