Re: evaluating Kanban / scrum boards for mentoring

Hello,

On Tuesday 24 April 2018 09:51 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> There are several Kanban / scrum boards that can potentially be used for
> mentoring.  These are free software (Trello isn't) and they release all
> their source code.
>
> We have Redmine in Debian and there are various Kanban plugins available
> for it, one of them has an online demo here:
> http://demo.redminecrm.com/projects/agile/agile/board
> and I created a repository here with step-by-step instructions to run it
> with the Debian package:
> https://github.com/dpocock/redmine_agile
>
> The DebConf team is using Kanboard, it is also packaged in Debian.  It
> was discussed in this earlier thread:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/02/threads.html
> https://kanboard.org/
> Here is one demo I found for anybody to log in and try it:
> https://www.softaculous.com/demos/Kanboard
>
> We have Sandstorm running on https://storm.debian.net and there are two
> Kanban apps available in Sandstorm.  To access them, you need to contact
> Laura and Asheesh by email or IRC, see the notes here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Services/storm.debian.net
>
> The two Kanban apps in Sandstorm are:
>
> https://wekan.github.io/
> http://scrumblr.ca/
>

> During the last round of Outreachy, we tried Kanboard for Renata's
> project.  One convenient feature is that we could create read-only links
> to it from Renata's wiki so any other member of the community could
> easily access it without an account, here is an example:
> https://wiki.debian.org/RenataDAvila
Both options, Sandstorm (with wekan or scrumblr) and Kanboard looks good
to me. I have a question though, is it okay if we self host these
services on our server. I have a linux server I use to host my personal
website, blog, bots and other projects. It would be great If I can host
Kanboard or Sandstorm for the project I'll be working on.
> For the students I'm involved in mentoring, please start creating a wiki
> page like that for yourself.  We will decide later if we use Kanboard or
> one of the other tools.
>
> If anybody could suggest any other alternatives or better demo sites for
> the options I've listed above please do so.
>
> Contributing to discussions like this counts as an activity for the
> community bonding period.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Regards,