Re: GSoC-Community Bonding Period

Hi Dashamir,

You could also let admins(coordinators) know about the communication breakdown of students with mentors.We could analyse the problem accordingly.It's better if you could emphasize your students early about the cruciality of communication with you.

Best Regards,
Jaminy

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:18 Dashamir Hoxha, <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

On 25/04/18 05:30, Alexandre Viau wrote:
> On 2018-04-24 11:08 PM, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
>> How do the mentors drop a student when they realize he is not serious or
>> suitable about the project?

Please be careful with comments about students on the public mailing list

I realize that in some other mailing lists outside Debian there are
discussions like that but here we try to be optimistic about all the
projects even though some students may be struggling with the project.

Failing students is not a taboo, it is an inevitable part of GSoC,
as shown also by statistics and as described on the FLOSS manuals: