GSoC Final Report - Android SDK Tools in Debian

Hello everyone,

This is my final GSoC report.
I had a wonderful time working with my mentors and fellow students,
and meeting some of them at DebConf16.

I would say that from my end, it has been a successful summer.
The Android Tools project has had a goal in mind, which is one should
be able to build Android apps on Debian after running 'apt-get install
android-sdk'
I'm happy to say that it will be the case shortly, the packages needed
to make that work have all been pushed to alioth git, and some are
pending an upload to unstable.

As I write this, the next major version of Android, Nougat (7.0, API
Level 24) has been released, and the source code is available. I will be
working with the rest of the team to bring that in, and update the
Debian packages.

It has been a great time, and I look forward to contributing more and
more to Debian, and hopefully becoming a DM or even a DD someday :)

Thanks for everything.

Regards,
Chirayu Desai

My weekly reports can be viewed at: