Re: broffice.org should have a versioned dependency on openoffice.org?

Hi Rene!

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:14:22 +0100
Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:

> Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > > Shouldn't it have a versioned dependency on openoffice.org?
> > > (while I
> >
> > Maybe, though I currently don't see why.
>
> After a second read: not at all. Because that wouldn't help, if you
> add a versioned dep to the new broffice.org packages you still can
> have the old ones installed. What we *could* do and what would help
> would making openoffice.org-common conflict against broffice.org (<<
> 1:3.0.0).

I hope that this can help you:
http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/broffice.log.txt

It's the aptitude log from him (maybe there is something badly
translated, like KEEP that should be HOLD?; but I think that it's
possible to get the idea).

openoffice was updated in 3 steps. The first time it was not OK (I have
included a comment in the file), then the second attempt (where more
packages were updated, but still having a non-functional broffice) and
the last one, where he updated broffice.org and ttf-opensymbol.
After this last update it was working perfectly (and I saw with my eyes
that it wasn't working before doing this last updated).

Before this last update, when trying to run broffice (via Gnome's
menu), he was getting the old splash screen of broffice 2.4.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson