Re: OOo2 dependencies don't seem right

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 20:07 +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> [ please learn how to quote properly. Thanks. ]
>
> Hi,
>
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > So, as far as Debian is concerned, once 2 is released 1.x gets
> > sent into the ether, never to be allowed back in?
>
> That's the plan. No one would want it anyway once 2.x is released...
> We're the one of last big ones ones actually shipping in their devel
> trees/releases anyway...
>
> I don't think we should take 1.1.x with us for etch, especially since
> the ftpmasters don't and the security team also probably won't like having
> two OOos there...

That's what I figured.

Still, I'm thinking that there will be more than a few people,
especially in organizational settings (where, as you known things
tend to change more slowly), who will want to retain OOo 1.x even
if it were dropped from the release tree.

Also, there will be people who'd want to run both in parallel for
a time, testing, seeing differences, etc.

So, that's the arguments for non-confliction.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Temporarily not of Jefferson, LA USA

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and
the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
Wernher von Braun