Re: OOo2 dependencies don't seem right

Hi,

Drew Parsons wrote:
> 1) openoffice.org2-common Depends: openoffice.org2-l10n-en-us
>
> Is en-us *truly* necessary for OOo2 to work?

Yes. In some circumstances it just crashes without it.

> It would make more sense to me to use a virtual package
> openoffice.org2-l10n, which all the l10n packages provide.  Then the
> correct openoffice.org2-core dependency would be
> 	Depends: openoffice.org2-l10n-en-us | openoffice.org2-l10n
>
> It looks like you're already doing this in openoffice.org2-core, which
> has
> 	Depends: openoffice.org2-l10n-en-us (> 1.9.125) |
> openoffice.org2-l10n-1.9.125
>
> So you'd just have to do the same in openoffice.org2-common that you're
> doing in openoffice.org2-core.

No. See above. Maybe it would even make more sense to just put the
en-US localizations into -common, but...

> 2) openoffice.org2-core conflicts with openoffice.org-thesaurus
> (provided by openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us 1.1.4-7)
>
> It's not clear to me why openoffice.org2-core has to conflict with
> openoffice.org-thesaurus.  They don't appear to share any files.
> More importantly, it should be possible to install OpenOffice v1 and v2
> simultaneously, including their thesauruses.  Is this a known issue
> which simply hasn't been solved yet, or should I file a bug about it?

No. This is no bug. This is completely intentional. OOo1 and OOo2
thesauri are incompatile. OOo1 ones won't work in OOo2 and vice versa.
Since both use /etc/openoffice/dictionary.lst for looking which thesauri
are there and each thesaurus registers there both cannot be parallel
installed.

Regards,

Rene