Re: Questions about /etc/openoffice in OOoRCx packages

Hi,

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> I know, but openoffice1.1 should then remove it when uninstalled for a
> future version. Which is a problem, because it does not for the moment,
> and we are not uploading a new version just therefore...

Exactly..

It even is now removed from experimental...

> > > Second, my openoffice.conf is executable. Is this still the case in the
> > > upcoming version?
> >
> > $ ls -l /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          579 2003-08-21 15:22
> > /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf
> >
> > Hmm.
> Maybe something remaining from previous openoffice.org-debian-files
> 1.0.x?

1.0.x hasn't had that file...

> > > My dictionary.lst is only "rw" for root. Is it meant to be that way? It
> > > also means nobody else than root can check the installed dictionaries.
> >
> > it should be -rw-r--r-- (644), so all people could check the installed
> > dictionaries. In fact this permissions are set by
> > update-openoffice-dicts:
> For the moment, on my system at least, nobody except root can check
> which dictionaries are installed in dictionary.lst.

That is interesting...
You have not installed openoffice.org-spellcheck-fr-fr which won't
work anyway and earlier bugs of -spellcheck-* based on mine had a
lookalike bug?

> I meant openoffice.conf, off course, with the envvarrs being defined
> (and currently commented).

ah, yeah; I could have figured....
We just copied it over from soffice.
I don't know where explanations are...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73