Re: Questions about /etc/openoffice in OOoRCx packages

Hi,

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> First, during the upgrade, my old /etc/openoffice1.1 directory was not
> deleted. I guess I have not made a --purge to delete it, but I'm
> wondering if it would anyway.

Hmm. I wonder if we are _allowed_ to touch them. Strictly speaking are
they conffiles of other packages which policy forbids to touch...

> Second, my openoffice.conf is executable. Is this still the case in the
> upcoming version?

$ ls -l /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          579 2003-08-21 15:22
/etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf

Hmm.

> My dictionary.lst is only "rw" for root. Is it meant to be that way? It
> also means nobody else than root can check the installed dictionaries.

it should be -rw-r--r-- (644), so all people could check the installed
dictionaries. In fact this permissions are set by
update-openoffice-dicts:

--- snip ---
        # make sure the file has the right permissions
        chown(0, 0, $dictlist_orig);
        chmod(0644, $dictlist_orig);
--- snip ---

Systemwide installations have to be made from root anyways, so...

> The sofficerc contains variables without explanations. Where could we
> find it and could we add a few lines explaning each one? I volunteer to
> do it if I'm pointed to the place to find more info.

$ cat /etc/openoffice/sofficerc
[Bootstrap]
Logo=1

Hmm. What is on Logo=0 (Splashscreen off) and Logo=1 (Splashscreen on)
not clear? :)

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73