Re: OpenOffice.org package in a bad state in Debian?

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:38:08AM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> That is not good, but I have not a quit good solution for it, but we can
> switch over to the next Upcoming release? Maybe.

It is too early to switch the main packages over.  643 is much better
technically: it has a macro recorder, PDF export, is much easier to build
and deals with certain types of MSOffice documents better but the new
features are not yet ready enough to be released to the masses - that will
be several months from now.

> I pointed also out, that the wizards (File -> Autopilot) are not working
> on any linux architecture... not on LinuxPPC and not on LinuxIntel, but
> on Windows and MacOSX they are working.
> I tried to debug it, but I had no change, I only got crashes ;(

This is a problem of the Debian packages.  I have a workaround for this now.
OOo is looking for the wizards in the directory
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/template/wizard.  But they are in
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/template/<lang>/wizard.  So you can get the
wizards to work like this:

cd /usr/lib/openoffice/share/template
sudo ln -s <lang>/wizard

->where <lang> is the language name to use, e.g. english, french, german.