Re: [dev] Re: Some Issues regarding Debian versus OOo versions and Support?

Hi Peter and Jan,

I just got done reading the debian guidelines and policies on java and for
developers (thanks for those links) and I still don't see the problem here.

The OOo source code (even Java code) is open and free and meets the LGPl.

You own Java policy says if the software can be compiled with a free
compiler (and lists Jikes and guavac specifically as an example of that)
it is okay, so you should be able to use that to do the compiles for the
class files.

A user does not *need* Java to make things work, but it does interface
nicely to the uno components and is a nice addition for developers and
users.

So based on my reading of your own java policy, if you build it with Jikes
and include the class files all should be fine.

Also, I did not see the restriction on building Mozilla 0.9.5 and
OpenOffice.org together as any type of "modified source problems".

If you like, I can provide the .zip files built straight from Mozilla
0.9.5 (no patches or changes) to you as the official OOo PPC Linux
maintainer (which would make it no differnt that what gets checked out by
x86 users).

Again, I don't see this as an issue.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,