Re: Fully debhelper-based build infrastructure

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:40:07 +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-01-12 10:22]:
> > I think it is great!

+1

> > As a minor improvement, is it possible to get rid of one of the two
> > arguments of dh? My impression is that most dh helpers have either the
> > --buildsystem or the --with arguments, but not the two simultaneously.
> > But I guess there is some good technical reason for the current
> > implementation.
>
> There is a technical necessity for that.  The option --buildsystem=octave is
> needed for specifying the build rules defined in
> /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/octave.pm
>
> The option --with=octave is necessary for having the appropriate places in
> the sequence of commands defined in
> /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/octave.pm

I think it is equally possible to add further build rules under the
hooks that the buildsystem interface provides, I'm taking a look at that
and I'll try to push something to salsa if I can get that working.

I have tested this on one package so far and it looks pretty good to me
as a step in the right direction.

--
mike