Fully debhelper-based build infrastructure

I implemented a preliminary, albeit working, version of a fully debhelper-based infrastructure for building the Octave-Forge packages in Debian. The source is at salsa.d.o:

https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/dh-octave

I largely took inspiration from the code of other dh-* packages. The design is pretty clean and, I hope, the code will be more understandable and maintainable than the code in octave-pkg-dev.

The version at GitLab does not implement all the features currently present in octave-pkg-dev, but it works for some of the simpler packages. The minimal debian/rules would be like this:

   #!/usr/bin/make -f
   %:
           dh $@ --buildsystem=octave --with=octave

My intention is to create a new package called dh-octave that could coexist with octave-pkg-dev, so that no transition will be needed.

Let me know what you think about this project.