Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] DOG group @ salsa.d.o

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2018-01-06 12:04]:

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 11:07:34AM +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:

Note that I recently learned a nice git trick, using URL aliases.

If you run the following:

git config --global url."git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/".insteadOf pkg-octave-team:

Then you can clone new repositories with:

gbp clone pkg-octave-team:$pkg

You can also update the URL of existing repositories with:

git remote set-url origin pkg-octave-team:$pkg

Nice trick, thanks for sharing.

You can get the full documentation of the mailbot with this command:

   echo help | mail control@tracker.debian.org

Note that there is also a web interface that is handy.

Is it possible to set keywords through the web interface? At any rate, the mailbot allows the automation of the task.

I have a few more requests/remarks:

1) Would it be possible that you add all DDs (Thomas, Mike and myself) as Owners of the Salsa group?

Done.

2) We should disable issues in our git repositories, otherwise there is a risk of confusion with the BTS for our users. The salsa admins claim to have disabled issues by default for new groups/projects, but our group was created before that move, so we have to do that manually. Since I am not an owner, I don't see whether it is feasible from the web interface (or if we must open an issue at salsa support).

Done. If you are curious, I did it using the GitLab API. It is as simple as this:

   curl --request PUT --header "PRIVATE-TOKEN: $token" "https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/projects/$id?issues_enabled=false";

3) Would it be possible to rename the DoG group at tracker.d.o to "pkg-octave-team" for consistency with the Salsa group? I know it is possible from the web interface, but I can't do it since I am not admin of the group (and it looks like it's not possible to add other admins on tracker.d.o groups).

IIRC, Mike Miller was the person who created the group.

4) We can now do mass commits for Vcs-* renaming, since the alioth rewriter is only a temporary measure.

BTW, the redirection is working now.  URLs like this one:

   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave.git

land on salsa.d.o

  The right field values seem to be:

  Vcs-Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/${pkg}
  Vcs-Git: https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/${pkg}.git

  (the .git suffix in Vcs-Git is optional, but I would be inclined to leave it)

Done.

5) I have updated our wiki page, dropping the links to Alioth and adding a link to Salsa. I have not yet added the link to the tracker group, in the hope that it will be renamed (see above).

Great, thanks.

  We should probably also describe the way to get git commit
  notifications (and maybe remove the link to the -commit list).

The mailing list pkg-octave-commit is already obsolete, since the repositories at Alioth are locked.